Berry National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Berry New South Wales and you are invited.
As one of the most popular tourist destinations in New South Wales, Berry has plenty of things that visitors can explore throughout the year. One of the best ways to make the most of your visit is to plan your trip around one of the many nationally or globally recognised annual events in and around the town. Here's a list of some of the most popular ones:
1. Berry Show: The Berry Show is a yearly event that brings together people from all parts of the region. It usually takes place over three days in early February, and it features various activities such as livestock shows, horse jumping, floral art displays and craft exhibitions.
2. Berry Markets: The Berry Markets are a monthly event that takes place every first Sunday of the month. It is held in the heart of the town, where local growers and artisans display their wares for sale. Visitors can expect to find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts, antiques and collectibles.
3. Shoalhaven Wine Festival: The Shoalhaven Wine Festival is held annually in early June, and it is one of the most popular events in the region. It is a celebration of the local wine industry, with over 20 wineries showcasing their products. Visitors can sample the wines, enjoy live music and indulge in delicious food.
4. Berry Gardens Festival & Open Gardens: The Berry Gardens Festival is an annual event that happens in early October. It is a two-day event that allows visitors to explore the beautiful private gardens in and around Berry. Participating gardens range from small cottage gardens to large landscaped properties. The event also features plant and flower sales, as well as tea and refreshments.
5. Berry Celtic Festival: The Berry Celtic Festival is a one-day event that celebrates the Celtic heritage of the town. It usually takes place in late May and features live entertainment, including Celtic music and dance performances. Visitors can also expect to see traditional games and activities, as well as food and drink stalls offering local and international cuisine.
6. Berry Small Farm Field Days: The Berry Small Farm Field Days are held annually in mid-September. They are a celebration of sustainable agriculture and rural living. Visitors can learn about farming, gardening, and conservation practices, and there are also plenty of activities for kids, including animal petting zoos and pony rides.
7. Berry Christmas Fair: The Berry Christmas Fair is a yearly event that takes place in early December, and it is a celebration of the holiday season. Visitors can explore over 100 stalls, selling festive crafts, decorations, and gifts. There are also plenty of food and drink stalls, and live entertainment to enjoy.
Berry has plenty of annual events to keep visitors entertained and engaged in different activities. From the Berry Show to the Berry Christmas Fair, there's something for everyone in this beautiful town. Whether you're interested in wine, gardening, or traditional Celtic festivities, make sure to check out the calendar of events and plan your visit accordingly.